In-House Dental Implant Placement
At Herrick Dental, we offer durable dental implant placement in-house that can drastically improve the function and appearance of your smile.
Am I a candidate for dental implant placement?
Almost anyone can receive dental implant placements! However, there are a few criteria that may affect a patient's candidacy for dental implants. Such cautionary factors include:
- Extremely poor oral hygiene
- Heavy smoking or tobacco use
- Chronic disease or illness
- Special medical conditions
Patients at Herrick Dental undergo a preliminary examination to ensure that they are a good candidate for dental implants. If you have questions about your candidacy, our dental team is happy to help you understand your treatment options. You can also learn more from our blog!
We are fully equipped to place dental implants in the convenience of our very own Columbus, Ohio office - removing the need to be referred out to another dental specialists.
Dental Implant Placement StepsA typical dental implant treatment includes the following steps:
- A patient is placed under sedation for the procedure
- Implants are placed into the jaw and fastened into place
- In the following months, the implant will fuse to the natural bone
- After the patient has fully healed, a dental crown will be secured to the implant
Many times, a patient may need to have a bone grafting procedure before dental implants can be placed. Our team is fully qualified to perform this procedure and will ensure your comfort throughout the entire process.